Hiwi the Kiwi visited our school and put on the Hiwi the Kiwi Fishing Show. Click here to watch the Hiwi the Kiwi video.
We are very proud to offer a fantastic literacy programme called 'Reading Together'. This programme was developed by Jeanne Biddulph and has been used in NZ for 30 years - and is supported by the Biddulph Group.
SECRETS OF SUCCESS (Click on this link to watch)
This is an excellent video to watch. It talks about what it takes to enjoy success. It is short and to-the-point. Highly recommended.
Careers Education resources for our Y7/8 students. Click here
Some things to do to help your child with reading:
- Help them realise that reading books can be a refreshing and rewarding alternative to TV, movies, shopping, or hanging out with friends.
- Help them discover, or remember, the pleasures of reading.
- Require and encourage the reading of a variety of fiction and non-fiction, and steer them toward good Young Adult books.
- Help them connect with what they read, and nudge them to works related to what they’ve just read, or, if they’re in a reading rut, nudge them into something different.
- Read some of their books yourself and talk to your children about what you read.
- Listen to them read
- Read aloud to them, and give them a set time to read every afternoon, evening or night.